Course Request Information
The North Alabama Conference is pleased to offer a number of courses in an online format using our online training platform, Moodle. In most cases, use of Moodle is restricted to Conference departments, leadership teams, and districts. However, in a limited number of cases it may be appropriate for additional groups such as local churches and extension ministries to offer courses using the Conference Moodle platform.
In general, the following types of courses and situations would make a local church or extension ministry eligible to host a course on Moodle:
- The course will be used by participants from multiple churches throughout the Conference
- The course will be significantly enhanced by the use of Moodle's advanced teaching functions
- The course is expected to have a significant (25 or more) number of participants
- The sponsoring church/ministry has a dedicated individual who will be the instructor or contact for the course and who is willing to complete an instructor orientation
- The requested course is in support of a valid Conference purpose
Notwithstanding these criteria, all requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and additional factors may cause a proposed course to be approved or rejected.
If you or your church/ministry are interested in hosting a course via Moodle, please email Rev. John Fleischauer, Associate Director of Connectional Ministries, at email@example.com with the following information about the proposed course:
- Topic and brief description of the course
- Target audience of the course
- Who the instructor(s) or course contact(s) will be
- How the course is in support of a valid Conference purpose
- Any additional information that you believe may be helpful in reviewing the request
Once your request is received, we will work with you to determine next steps. If Moodle does not seem to be the best option for delivering the course, we will be happy to work with you to determine alternative options.